Subject: MiSTer FPGA Sega Genesis - FPGA Emulation vs Genesis GX Plus - Sega Genesis Showdown!
Subject: Enabling Mister Cheats
| submitted by /u/deezdrama |
Subject: Has anyone successfully gotten an analog joystick to work with the Apple II core?
I have posted all of the steps that I have taken on the Mister FPGA forum without any responses. I have been trying for a week to get an analog stick to go right with no luck. All my research shows others with a similar issue except sometimes it is up or down. If someone can confirm it actually works I will keep trying otherwise I’ll move on. Thanks.
Subject: The new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 seems to work fine with MT32-PI
| submitted by /u/Beige_gaming |
Subject: MiSTer FPGA - Sega System 16 Beta By Jotego - Cotton
| submitted by /u/daviddel |
Subject: Mister FPGA - Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket issue
Long time fan, first time buyer. Finally took the plunge and bought myself a Mister FPGA. I love it, except for 1 issue.
I have my capture card (Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket) plugged into my Mister. It outputs the video fine, but refuses to record. The device keeps blinking blue...which means it cannot record.
For the record:
- The capture card displays the video and audio just fine on my TV. It's not the output that's the problem. It's the inability to record.
- It's not the capture card that's the problem. All of my other devices with with my Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket.
- The capture card supports record at 1080p30 or 720p60, according to the website: https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hdpvr-rocket.html#features
- I have a Hisense 50 inch TV. It supports 4K and 60Hz. Here are the specs: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisense-50-class-led-4k-uhd-smart-android-tv/6431212.p?skuId=6431212
Some troubleshooting steps I tried:
- Changed "vsync_adjust" to 0, 1 and 2 (while resolution was on the default setting, which is 1280x720@60). Did not work.
- The default video_mode is 1280x720. This is a 720p resolution, which should work on my TV and the capture card. But I cannot record.
- Tried the resolution 1920x1080@60. This is 1080p resolution, which should work with my capture card (at 30 frames a second), but it does not work.
- Tried 640x480@60 out of curiosity. Actually does display and record on this setting. Progress! But it's not ideal because it's blurry as hell, and only 4:3 resolution.
- Tried 720x480@60. This one also displays and records. Awesome! Looks much better than 640x480, but I think I can do better.
Shouldn't 1280x720@60 work just fine on my capture card? The Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket supports recording at 720P at 60 frames a second, so I'm not sure why this doesn't work.
For the record, I really do love the community here, and I appreciate anyone's help. No one is required to help, I'm asking for too much. So I appreciate the time you all are taking to help a fellow gamer. In return, I will reply to everyone and try any steps you ask me too.
I'm aware not everyone owns a Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket, but maybe some people here are experts at getting capture devices to work. Maybe one of you had similar problems and found a way to fix it. Any ideas?
Subject: Analog IO Board User Port Issue.
Just curious if anyone has experienced this: quite literally 10 minutes after I was able to get the Top300 DOS pack working in the AO486 core. I accidentally jarred the port a little disconnecting my MT-32pi and now it does not detect the device at all. Not in the menu, and the pi doesn’t turn on, although it is receiving power because i can see the board lighting up inside. I have an approved cable; and it was working for a bit so I dont feel like any of that is at fault. I had read in another forum that quite a few analog IO boards, from seemingly different makers had run into issues with the port. Anyways: I’ll probably take a closer look at the pins and solder and report back if I find anything.
Subject: Is there any difference in picture quality between using a YPbPr or rgb with a crt/pvm?
Hi everyone.. I own the MiSTer with the IO board, but just asking does the picture looks better with an rgb cable or its the same as using YPbPr component cable?
Thank you all in advance :)
Subject: MiSTer PlayStation 1 Core Movie Decoder (MDEC) Finished
Subject: Finally got my Tien Fang HD15-to-SCART adapter. Includes a convenient switch to allow combing H&V sync into csync or not.
| submitted by /u/1541drive |
Subject: New Feature For MiSTer Neo Geo Core
Subject: MiSTer Multisystem Batch #2 Orders Open!
| submitted by /u/Admiral-Pepsi |
Subject: All new MiSTer Shareware DOS Pack with new MyMenu Front end
| submitted by /u/flynnsbit |
Subject: MiSTer Mini-ITX Ironclad Orders start this FRIDAY!
| submitted by /u/RoberMC |
Subject: De10 nano
Does anyone know of anywhere with stock of the de10 nano? Got all my add in boards sat there and everywhere seems to be on back order. Cheers
Subject: Could a core be split across multiple FPGAs?
I keep seeing claims that an N64 core would be too big to fit on the DE10. Is it possible to split the core between some of the chips its recreating and have the two FPGAs talk to each other to create the whole system?
Subject: Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness - Robot Fighting Action! - on the Jotego MiSTer core
Subject: B&O MX 4000 for MiSTer?
In anticipation of getting a miSTer, I kind of blindly bought a Bang & Olufsen MX 4000 CRT television. The price was good enough to justify the gamble.
Now the question is, is this actually a decent TV for the MiSTer? I bought it based on the brand name, but have no experience with the device and have no way to test it yet. Specs wise it should fit nicely on a desk, not taking up too much space.
Subject: 5X Video Scale Mode on MiSTer FPGA - How To Setup!
Subject: How do you set up couch co-op in arcade games?
I'm mainly into the 1 player experience, so never even thought about how I could set up a second controller in arcade games like Final Fight. Is this something really simple I haven't noticed or is this a feature that still needs to be implemented?